CAP Barbell Deluxe Weight Bench Review
Cap Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench
If you’re looking to buy your first bench, then the CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench is a great place to start! It has a couple of key features which are ideal for anyone who has weight training in their exercise routine and sets it apart from some of its competitors on the market.
- Dimensions: 53” L x 27”W x 45” H
- 7 back rest adjustable angles
- 3 seat adjustments! Great to help you not slip for incline press
- Works with the Cap Barbell FM-CB8008 Ultimate Power Cage
- Very Sturdy Bench
- Gym quality but at a great price!
- Steel Frame Construction
- 9 Different colors to choose from!
The cap deluxe weight bench also a very reasonably priced bench, with a ton of great features making it ideal for those of you on a tight budget. However, there are a couple of drawbacks which I believe are important to consider, depending on your needs and fitness goals that will talk about in this review below. Let's look at the features below to get started on why you would want to by this Adjustable Weight Bench.
What is a Utility Weight Bench?
There are many kinds of fitness benches available, but a utility weight bench stands out for its versatility and multi-purpose design. Unlike other benches, which have been designed for one specific purpose such as sit-ups or three-way dumbbell presses, a utility bench will accommodate many different exercises and activities.
Generally, these benches are adjustable, which allows you to customize them to your exact preferences. They often feature a heavy-duty steel frame and padded top, providing ample support while you exercise. A utility weight bench provides a platform for dozens of chest, arm, and abs exercises that can be performed either with weights or without weights.
In short, the use of a utility weight bench can exponentially widen one's exercise options — though an increase in sweat and muscle aches may also be inevitable! For anyone looking to take their home workout routine up a notch, this invaluable piece of equipment is certainly worth considering.
Benefits of a Utility Weight Bench
- Get a strong, toned upper body
- Burn calories and lose weight
- You will maintain the correct posture when lifting weights
- Portable and easy to set up
Cap Barbell Adjustable Weight Bench Angles
- The CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench offers a variety of positions – in fact there are seven different backrest positions and three seat-cushion positions, allowing you to complete a number upper, lower body and core exercises with appropriate back support.
- There’s no decline position on it – but unless you’re a serious bodybuilder most people are quite satisfied without the use of the decline position.
Anchor Posts For Resistance Bands
In addition to using barbells and dumbbells with this bench, a unique feature is that it has anchor posts at the base of the frame - which allows you to attach resistance bands to add variety in your workout.
This is a great feature for those who want a slightly more gentle, toning option, for people undergoing rehabilitation or the more senior users.
Of course, any additional accessories such as the resistance bands themselves don’t come with this bench and will have to be purchased separately.
What this really means is that you take the resistance bands and hook them under the bench hooks on the back leg. Then you can take the handles on each side and do bicep curls or bench press using resistance bands. Pretty sweet feature if you ask me.
- The main frame of the bench is made out of 12 and 14 gauge steel so it’s stable and durable.
- The steel is also powder coated - meaning it will protect it from rust and oxidation for years to come.
- The bench has oversize grip pop pins so you can alter and adjust the bench easily as needed.
- The back and seat cushions are covered in a decent leatherette material with a box stitch for extra support and comfort.
- However the padding on the backrest tapers in for the top half, so if you’ve got a broad chest and shoulders you might find this a bit annoying.
- The bench also comes with transport wheels and handles which make it easy to move it in and out of the right space.
FM-CB804DX Bench Dimensions
- The CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility is a lightweight bench weighing just 42lbs so it’s easy to move around - yet it can still support a weight capacity of 500lbs in the flat position and 400 lbs in inclined positions.
- That’s a considerably higher capacity than some of the higher-priced benches on the market.
- The full dimensions are 53” in length, a width of 27” and 45” height when it’s in the upright position. This makes it quite a spacer saver so it’s ideal if you’re in an apartment or only have a small area for your home gym.
Installation & Assembly
It comes with clear instructions so you shouldn’t run into any difficulty trying to assemble; it may take around 30 minutes to put together so give yourself a bit of time.
Unfortunately it only comes with a 30-day warranty which is much shorter than some of the other benches available in the market.
What Are the Drawbacks?
Something that may be an issue for some users is that there appears to be a gap of several inches between the backrest and seat base in certain positions which could make lying down rather uncomfortable if your lower back is hanging between the two cushions.
There is also no decline position. That won't be a problem for most people but me personally it is because I do decline bench and I like to do ab work. So pick what is best for your workout routine.
The CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility is a sturdy, solid weight bench which offers a variety of positions and features to add variety to your workout and keep your weight training program fresh – even without a decline position.
You can find the >>> best price here on amazon. and you won't be disappointed with the bench features and the price it comes with.
If you or your partner use resistance bands then it’s ideal because of the anchor posts attached to it. It’s a great space saver and lightweight, but still has a high weight capacity and if you treat it kindly, it’s bound to look after you for years to come.
In its most basic configuration — with the seat and back in-line — the bench stands 19.25" high, making it ideal for those who may want something on the less bulky side.
Not only is a utility bench great for traditional chest, shoulder, and tricep presses and curls, but with some creativity, you can also use it to do other exercises such as ab crunches, planks, and Russian twists.
For an added challenge, you can do alternating leg or arm raises while lying on the bench. You could even try adding a cable machine or an elastic band to do lat pulldowns or cross-body rows. As long as you have a little bit of space and motivation, there's no limit to what exercises you can do on a utility bench!
The pad at the shoulders is 10.25 inches in width, while the lower back measures 12 inches across, giving users ample support no matter what exercise they are performing. For most people, they fit perfectly without leaving them squirming around while lifting.
If you're a tall person looking for the right utility bench, the CAP Barbell Deluxe Utility Bench is a good choice. This bench is unique in that it can support a variety of heights and user sizes, with five adjustable back pads and seat positions to accommodate users as tall as 6'3". Even taller individuals will have no issues using the bench.
Yes, this versatile bench can be used for flat, decline, and decline press exercises as well as 90-degree angle exercises like crunches and leg lifts. Its adjustable seat allows you to find the most comfortable way possible to use it.