Best Under Desk Bike Reviews
Under Desk Exercise Bikes Benefits
Under the desk bikes are great for to get exercise while you are working at your desk, sitting around home to get exercise and they are great for for seniors that want to do rehabilitation at home and keep their bodies mobile for years to come. So, if you want to squeeze in exercise while you are working or you are limited in your ability to exercise these are a great option to look at.
Most people use the under desk bikes for leg, ankle or hip injuries but they are more versatile that you think. If you have an arm or shoulder injury, you will put the machine up on a desk or table and move the pedals by putting your hands in where the feet usually go and pedal with your arms.
This will also help you raise your heart rate and help you control your respiration. Any extra movements you add to your daily routine will help you build your muscles and improve your mobility and stamina. Once you increase your bodies’ mobility in the house, your next step will be getting outside again.
Don’t be surprised if others want to try your bike, it’s so easy to use and once they take it for a spin you might have to setup a schedule, so you get to use it yourself. How great is it that you can do your rehab and read a book at the same time or maybe watch your favorite TV program while pedaling?
Factors To Consider In Under Desk Bike
If you are just starting a rehab program, it’s best to get an electric powered cycle so you don’t over work your injury and cause further damage. Most of the electric cycles can be run by electricity or run manually so you can use it during your entire recovery program.
If your upper and lower body needs rehabilitation, most of the cycle will give both parts of your body a workout. Many of them can be operated from a wheelchair so if you need to be in the chair, you can start rehab any time. If you will always need a wheelchair the cycle can be your best friend in helping you maintain muscle tone.
Most cycles come with a LED monitor that lets you keep track of the minutes you work out, how fast you cycle, and how many calories that you burn. Some you can pair with iOs or android phone apps and some pair with the fitbit.
Some of the cycle come with a built-in handle that make it easy for you to carry it to and from work. Employers are finding out that allowing their employees to do rehab at work helps to relax their employees and they heal faster.
You can change the resistance on the cycles usually by turning a dial. Start out slow at first then you increase the resistance as your healing process increases.
Some companies do offer warranties or guarantees, the cycle itself is not a complicated machine so you will have to decide if that is a buying point for you.
5 of the Best Under Desk Bike Pedal Exercisers in 2020
Below I have reviewed 5 of the most sensible under desk bike pedal exerciser for your consideration. Hope this helps you with your decision to get busy taking care of yourself and speeds up your recovery time in a fun, safe and healthy way!
ANCHEER Under Desk Cycle Pedal Exerciser
If you are looking for an under-desk pedal bike that you can pair with iOS and Android, the Ancheer under desk exerciser gives you that ability via Bluetooth. You can collect your workout data more efficiently and stay on track with your rehabilitation or workout plan. When paired, the app it offers realistic riding scenes that takes your workout session from boring to exciting! Pair your phone and take off for a fun workout.
The LCD display does require a 105v battery and it will show you the speed, distance, RPM, time and the number of calories you burn during your workout. You can use this item for upper and lower body workout just by placing it on a table or desk.
You will be able to adjust the tension at 8 different levels, that are not only smooth adjustments, but the machine is quiet, so you won’t disturb others if you use it at work. It is compact and comes with a built-in handle for easy transport. You will never have to put up with a boring rehab or exercise session with the ability to install the “FitShow” APP and have an exciting workout.
- Free App provides workouts for beginners and experts
- LCD display for easy read outs
- Adjustable tension at 8 levels
- Easy to transport with a built-in handle
- Attractive design with a wide base
- Easy to assemble
- Display tracks RPM, speed, distance, calories burnt and time
- Makes your workout or rehab time less boring
- Easily transport to anywhere
- Safety straps to keep your feet in place
- Can be used for lower and upper body workouts
- Can be accessed from a wheelchair
- Suggest using a rubber pad under exerciser
- This is totally manual, no electrical parts
Electric Pedal Exerciser for Seniors
This piece of equipment is electronic and will help you get started with your rehab. If, in time, you decide you don’t need the motorized help you can simply turn it off and use the trainer manually. Although it comes with two leg protectors, it is not necessary to use them to get results. With 12 speed settings you can progress up to 80 rpms for a super workout.
This workout will get your circulations moving, promote an increase in your metabolism as well as stimulate the digestive process. Produces a great workout without putting a lot of stress on the entire body, and excellent way to start rehab.
If you are interested in finding a way to reduce cramping in the legs and improving your flexibility this exerciser will help you with both. You can also set it on a table or desk and give your arms and upper body a workout. It also has a non-slip foot that is fixed to the bottom of the unit.
- Cabled remote control for adjusting programs
- 5 built-in automatic programs
- Adjustable training periods, 1 to 15 minutes
- 12 adjustable speed settings
- Comes with leg protector boots, if needed
- Has a non-slip foot for safety and stability
- Can be used for upper and lower body workouts
- Can operate with or without the motor
- Helps maintain and restore the ability to walk
- You can operate this exerciser from a wheelchair, couch or chair.
- LCD will show distance, time, calories, speed
- Maximum weight of user—264 pounds
- Created mainly for rehabilitation
- Low impact is not meant for weight loss
DeskCycle Under Desk Cycle
The DeskCycle is going to improve your health, energy-level, and productivity in all areas of your life especially if you can take it to work with you. This model will fit under desks that are low: as low as 27 inches, and you will still have enough room to peddle forever. The DeskCycle is very portable and operates quietly so you won’t disturb your coworkers. It uses touch-free magnetic resistance to accomplish this.
The smooth pedal motion produces an uninterrupted workout without that jerky motion that happens with other brands of equipment. The comfortable pedals are wide enough to fit any shoe size. You can do your rehab or workout while reading a book, using your phone, watching TV, or working on your computer at your job.
With this piece of equipment, you have a free optional online web app. You can create your own account and login your daily activity and view your progress. You will also have the ability to login your activity to your Fitbit account to register your miles cycled or footsteps taken.
- Low profile will fit under the lowest style desk
- Full day display as the DeskCycle will count to 16 hours
- Adjustable foot straps will fit any size foot
- The Display stand can sit on your desk for easy viewing
- Has magnetic resistance and a precision flywheel
- Interface with Fitbit and has iPhone app available
- 8 calibrated resistance settings
- Operates quietly with a smooth action
- 5 function LCD display shows speed, time, distance, calories used, RPM
- Great workout for joints as well as muscles
- Easy to track your progress
- Adjustable pedal height
- You will need to purchase batteries for the display function
- You might need to place it on a rubber non-slip mat
Wonder Maxi Under Desk Bike Pedal Exerciser
The Wonder Maxi pedal exerciser can be used at the office for relaxation, at home as exercise equipment, for rehabilitation, and is easy to take on a trip so you don’t have to interrupt your healing process. The magnetic tension control system is whisper quiet and ensures you a smooth flowing workout. The four feet are made of non-slip rubber to provide you with safe and stable rehab sessions. Just adjust the foot straps, pull up your chair and get started.
If you need rehabilitation, or improved circulation on your upper body, the Wonder Maxi can be used for that purpose. Place it on a table or desk and put your hands in the foot pedals to operate it. The LCD display will keep track of time, speed, distance and calories burned. It has 8 levels of adjustable resistance that equate to walking, race walking, high knees and mountaineering running.
The Wonder Maxi has a low profile which makes it easy to use under low tables and desks, as low as 27 inches off the floor.
- Low profile allows you to use it under short tables and desks
- Provides 8 levels of resistance
- Non-slip feet provide stability
- Multi-functional LCD Display
- Easy to transport from home to office
- Works for both the upper and lower body
- Helps stimulate blood circulation
- Improve muscle atrophy
- Maintain condition of bones
- Keeps track of time, distance, speed and calories burned
- Maintenance free
- This is a manual machine, no electricity needed
- No remote available, resistance is changed by turning a knob
YOSUDA Under Desk Bike Pedal Exerciser
Yosuda is in the business of producing quality fitness equipment products so they have carefully designed this under desk bike exerciser. The sleek design of the Yosuda fits under a desk with ease, or you can sit in the open on a chair to operate it. Since it not electrical you can take it outside on the deck and do your workout.
This product is low impact so it is easy on your joints but will keep them mobile and will help increase circulation and help with the repair of muscle damage caused by sports injuries. If you are a senior citizen, use this item to help you get some of your flexibility back and improve your balance. With access to 8 different resistance choices, you can start out your rehab on the lower numbers and increase to number 8 as your mobility improves.
The display monitor is easy to see and you can keep track of the time you spend on the pedal bike, the distance you go (mph), the speed your pedal at and the calories you burn during your workout. The magnetic-driven, no friction flywheel is quiet and runs smooth. Pick it up by the built-in handle and you can transport it anywhere.
- 8 Resistance levels
- Wide base to prevent slipping
- LCD Display is multi-functional
- Easy to assemble
- Quiet when in operation
- Can be used for upper and lower body workout
- Low impact and easy on joints
- Improve blood circulation
- Great way to start a rehabilitation after an injury
- Pedal forward and backward to activate different muscles
- Easy to read big monitor that tracks time, distance, speed, calories burned
- Built-in handle for easy transporting to office or on vacation
- Strictly a manual operated machine
- May need to purchase a non-slip pad to set it on for safety reasons
Under Desk Bikes for Senior Rehabilitation
Great news for seniors that want to do some rehabilitation at home and keep their bodies mobile for years to come. The under the desk bike pedal exerciser was created to help seniors with getting their bodies back in shape after an injury or accident and staying mobile.
Many of these under the desk bikes can be operated from a wheelchair so you can continue your rehab from home and not have to go to a gym or rehabilitation center for months. Most bikes have a way to help you track your progress during your workout and will keep track of your speed, distance, time and calories burned.
If you are wanting to do your rehabilitation at home and eliminate endless appointment and having to travel across the city for them, trying to find someone to take you to those irritating appointments, then the under desk bike pedal exerciser is your answer. You can use this exerciser sitting in a wheelchair, on the couch, or out on the deck in the fresh air.
You can work both your upper and lower body depending on the location of your injury. This is an excellent way to increase your mobility and stamina as you heal and even after you heal, you can use it as a daily routine. You know the old saying, “ if you don’t use it, you lose it” and this is true for all parts of our bodies. Happy Pedaling!